Thursday, February 3, 2011

2011

Wow! I can't believe it is already February! January was a super busy month and it went by really fast. Considering that I usually dread the longness of the month it's a totally bonus that it went by quickly. I am having a hard time keeping up with pictures and hopefully I will do better in the future! Here is what's been going on around our place:

John has been super busy at work. I can see the stress wearing on him! He has also been really busy with Young Mens. The priests are going scuba diving in June and they have been having a ton of meetings and practices to get certified. It's going to be great but it's been a lot of extra time which can be hard to fit into an already busy schedule. We both feel like we could use a couples vacation but it will have to wait until next year! John did the HCG diet for a week and a half and lost 14 lbs. He didn't have a lot he needed to lose and most people don't even notice. But I do. He looks so good and he has been keeping up with his exercising on the bowflex and my new awesome treadmill!!!

Natalie has been busy getting everybody back into the swing of things with work, school, piano, dance, tumbling, basketball, practices, young womens, etc. It is always nice to have a routine again. I don't remember the last time I felt bored. I've spent several hours getting ready for my preschool parent-teacher conferences which occurred yesterday. It was a long day that went by fast (12 hour day)! I decided that my preschoolers have really great parents and I actually enjoyed myself. My preschoolers are so cute and are growing up right before my very eyes every day. Young womens has been fun and wonderful as always! Now for the dumbest thing in the world: I totally broke my fourth toe last Friday night. I was running from our office to get my ringing phone in the kitchen and my toe got caught in between the crack where our hardwood floor meets the carpet and I totally tripped. It hurt so bad! I pretended to be really tough but inside I was hurting. Who knew that a broken toe could cause so much pain? The worst part is that I've heard they take forever to heal. I'm still gimpy limpy and who knows when I'll be able to run again?

Kaycee has been back to her busy life! She handles it well. She has something everyday Monday-Thursday and she loves the weekends! She performed her jazz routine "Jungle Love" with the Sr. Elite team at Westlake a couple of weeks ago and did a really great job! She is doing another solo this year. It is a jazz routine to Christina Agueliera's song "Fighter". It is so cute and I know she will do great! It also means more extra practices. Come the end of this month competition season begins and then we really feel really busy! Thanksgiving Point is the first one. Her hands are officially bigger than mine (because her fingers are longer) and we both wear the same shoe size. CRAZY! It's kind of fun because we borrow each others shoes and jewelry and even a few shirts!

Luke has started up Jr. Flash basketball again and LOVES IT! He is so good and has such a natural, easy shot. It is so fun to watch him play. I can't believe the difference from last year to this year as far as his understanding of the game. He rocks! Below is a video. He is number 13 and makes the basket at the end. His coach had to miss the first game and so John filled in. He did a great job with all those boys and I told him he should coach Luke's team next year. He has had a lot of fun going to lots of birthdays and baptisms for kids turning 8 and I can't believe that he will be 8 so soon. Where is my baby? Notice his hands in the picture below. He has this fettish with playing with his fingers (twisting them and crossing them and stuff). He does it all the time and I so hope that it is not an OCD thing.


Guess who got contacts finally? That's right - me and Kayc. It's one of those love/hate relationships. I still have a hard time getting mine in. They make me sick and the second the contact touches my eye I have to close it and then it gets smooshed and then I get frustrated and want to cry when I'm still trying to get it in 10 minutes later. I don't know if it will ever get easier - it's already been 4 weeks. Impressively enough, Kaycee has been putting her own contacts in and taking them out pretty easily since the day she got them. It's annoying when you put them on and it feels like there is something on them all day and yet you can't see it (like an eyelash or something). The other downside is the the upkeep and cost of contacts vs glasses. But we both love being able to watch a movie without glasses on and I love being able to drive without prescription glasses - especially at night.
It was definitely time though. I was tired of not being able to see who people were who would call to me from a distance. The nurse said she couldn't believe that I hadn't been wearing glasses all the time. The eye doctor told Kaycee she was flat out blind - especially for her age. Her prescription is twice as strong as mine. Poor girl. She is excited to be able to see the audience when she dances on stage! We both got a new pair of glasses for those times we need a break from contacts or if we get an infection, etc.
Funny thing is that we both went to the same eye doctor 2 weeks apart. Not realizing it we both got the exact same pair of glasses. Twinners!!!