This weekend we went down to St. George for ANOTHER dance competition. It was a lot of fun! My parents have a house there now and so it's a huge bonus for us because we get to spend time with them and we don't have to pay for a hotel room. Plus they get to see their awesome grand daughters perform.
I thought this was a cool picture!
They always say a prayer before they go on. Love it!
My niece, Claire danced in the same competition. She is good friends with Kayc and that makes it even more fun. She and Kaycee actually competed against each other in their lyrical dances. Kaycee's team took 2nd place and Claire's team took 1st place. It was great that they both did so good and there were no hard feelings at all:) My mom was a trooper and sat at competition most of the day to watch the girls compete.









We did find time to do fun things that didn't involve dance. After Kaycee's performances the kids (and two of my nephews) went swimming at our friend's hotel. The weather was mid 70's, sunny and a little breezy - really beautiful - but you won't get me in an outdoor pool until it hits about 90 degrees. The kids had a ball. Then in the evening we went with my brother's family to see "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON". It was a great family show and I highly recommend it!
Kayc and Sydnie after competition was over - I thought it was cute how they were holding hands so I had to take a picture.
Luke, Preston and Sam in the hot tub
I should also mention that I fit in an 11 mile run Saturday morning as part of my training for my half marathon in April. It was a beautiful and nice, easy run. My poor mom ended up running 9 miles (she was originally going to do 6 miles) because I got a little lost and she had to come find me. She was really good about it and I think she was happy in the end to have ran so far.
I'm glad grandpa found some time to relax. They have had house guests every week for the last few months.
Even Marc had fun in the nice weather!
On Sunday we went to church with my parents - my mom (with a little help from my dad) gave a great lesson on communicating with your children. After church we packed up, relaxed, ate a yummy dinner and then headed home.
Luke, Tommy and Kaycee all ready for church. This is the best I could get before we had to leave for church. The others were still getting ready. Luke threw a fit because he thought he would be the only one in shorts at church. Whatever!
Now we are facing one of the busiest weeks of our lives and then we get to go to Disneyland on Saturday for a week - Yeah!!! I'll let you know how it all works out.
Gotta love a retreat to warmer weather :) and St. George is so fun this time of year. Looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteClaire looks so old in that picture! It's great they both did good at the competition....hopefully we can come next year. Can't wait to see the Disneyland post!
ReplyDelete